Thai Curry Cookery Class
Saturday Morning Thai Curry Cookery Group Demonstration Class
'LEARN TO COOK BETTER THAN YOUR LOCAL RESTAURANT - FOR THE PRICE OF A FRIDAY NIGHT TAKEAWAY'
Phuket, Thailand 2012. Pat's favourite Green Papaya and Long Bean Salad!
Your SATURDAY MORNING THAI CURRY COOKERY GROUP DEMONSTRATION CLASS will start at 10am. Welcome tea or coffee with chocolate biscuits. Pat will begin the course, talking about Thailand and its unique cuisine.
Using your RECIPE SHEETS, Pat will show the essential fresh and fragrant ingredients, including chillies, needed to make your meal. Pat and Dominique will demonstrate the following preparations and dishes.
THAI GREEN CURRY PASTE - make a fresh paste using a food processor.
KHAENG KEO-WAN GAI - THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY - chicken strips cooked in a coconut sauce flavoured with fresh green curry paste, lemongrass, lime leaves, basil and fish sauce combined with mange tout and beansprouts.
Phuket, Thailand 2012. Thai Green Chicken Curry with Phad Thai.
SOM TOM - GREEN PAPAYA AND LONG BEAN SALAD - shredded green papaya, long beans, dried prawns, garlic, chilli, cherry tomatoes and crushed peanut, using a pestle and mortar. OR THAI BEEF AND GRAPE SALAD - rare beef, spring onions, cucumber, salad leaves, black and white grapes, and red chilli.
NAM YUM - THAI SALAD DRESSING - a universal salad dressing with fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice.
Phuket, Thailand 2012. Dominique's favourite Thai Beef Salad!
GREEN VEGETABLES WITH CARROT FLOWERS IN OYSTER SAUCE - stir-fry vegetable dish, using REAL oyster sauce, not flavoured.
PAD THAI - BANGKOK STREET NOODLES - stir-fried rice noodles with king prawns, crushed peanuts, spring onions, beansprouts, tamarind paste and red curry paste. Pat will talk 'noodles,' the different types and cooking methods.
THAI JASMINE RICE - fragrant white boiled rice.
THAI BLACK RICE - not actually black in colour, but very dark red. A firm and nutty rice.
- A complete set of RECIPE SHEETS.
- A TASTING PLATE of all dishes demonstrated.
- A glass of wine.
- An author-signed copy of QUICK AFTER WORK CURRIES by Pat Chapman.
- A small but comprehensive SHOP will be available, for you to purchase any of Pat's cookery books, (don't forget to ask him to dedicate them to you), essential cooking implements, (we stock good quality woks in sizes 8", 10", 12" and 14"), and difficult to find ingredients.
- We take CREDIT and DEBIT CARDS.
PRICES AND HOW TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
- £75.00 (one person).
- Call Pat Chapman on 01428 658327 to check date availability.
- To Pay by DEBIT or CREDIT CARD - please telephone us on 01428 658327
- To Pay by CHEQUE (payable to The Curry Club) - please post to THE CURRY CLUB, 50, WEST STREET, HASLEMERE, SURREY. GU27 2AP
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- LOCATION - Grayshott, nr Hindhead, Surrey.
- PARKING - Free.
- DAY - Selected Saturdays only. Please telephone Pat Chapman on 01428 658327 for availability.
- FREQUENCY - Quarterly.
- DURATION - 3 hours. 10.00am to 1.00pm.
- DIET - Unsuitable for Shellfish and Nut Allergy sufferers.
On 11th April, 2011 - Richard Osborne emailed:
Just to let you know I really enjoyed the course on Saturday - my Papaya Salad and Green Curry on Saturday night went down a storm!
Pat Replied: Glad it went well.
On 10th April, 2011 - Donna D'Souza emailed:
Just wanted to thank you both for a great session yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed it.
On 26 December, 2009 - Wendy Callaway wrote:
My husband Pete Callaway paid for one of your Thai Courses for Christmas for me, after me raving about the Saturday Morning Curry Course I attended.
On 12 January, 2011 - Grant Tester wrote:
I am very much looking forward to this as I came to your Indian demonstration a couple of years ago and it has completely changed the way I cook and serve curry.