Thai Curry Cookery Course
For a 'Hands On' 3 Hour Experience
'LEARN THAI CURRY COOKING - PERSONAL TUITION FOR THE PASSIONATE COOK'
Phuket, Thailand 2010. You will see many Rubber Plantations. People collect the sap and dry it into Rubber Mats.
Your THAI CURRIES 3 HOUR HANDS ON COOKERY COURSE will start at 10am. Welcome tea or coffee with chocolate biscuits. Pat Chapman will begin the course, talking about Thailand and its unique cuisine.
Using your RECIPE SHEETS, Pat will show the essential fresh and fragrant ingredients, including chillies, needed to make your meal. Pat and Dominique will demonstrate the following prepareations and dishes. Your meal will serve at least 6 people.
TOM YUM HED - FISH SOUP WITH MUSHROOMS - a clear, chilli-hot, fish soup with mushrooms.
SOM TOM - GREEN PAPAYA AND LONG BEAN SALAD - shredded green papaya, long beans, dried prawns, garlic, chilli, cherry tomatoes and crushed peanut, using a pestle and mortar. OR THAI BEEF AND GRAPE SALAD - rare beef, spring onions, cucumber, salad leaves, black and white grapes, and red chilli.
Phuket, Thailand 2012. Pat's favourite Green Papaya and Long Bean Salad and Dominique's favourite Thai Beef Salad!
NAM YUM - THAI SALAD DRESSING - a universal salad dressing with fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice.
THAI GREEN CURRY PASTE - make a fresh paste using a food processor.
KHAENG KEO-WAN GAI - THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY - chicken strips cooked in a coconut sauce flavoured with lemongrass, lime leaves, basil and fish sauce combined with mange tout and beansprouts.
Phuket, Thailand 2012. Thai Green Chicken Curry with Phad Thai.
GREEN VEGETABLES WITH CARROT FLOWERS IN OYSTER SAUCE - stir-fry vegetable dish, using REAL oyster sauce, not flavoured.
PAD THAI - BANGKOK STREET NOODLES - stir-fried rice noodles with king prawns, crushed peanuts, peppers, spring onions, beansprouts and red chilli paste. Pat will talk 'noodles,' the different types and cooking methods.
THAI JASMINE RICE - fragrant white boiled rice.
THAI BLACK RICE - not actually black in colour, but very dark red. A firm and nutty rice.
- A complete set of RECIPE SHEETS.
- Takeaway all dishes that you have cooked.
- An author-signed copy of QUICK AFTER WORK CURRIES by Pat Chapman.
- An editor-signed copy of the COBRA GOOD CURRY GUIDE edited by Pat Chapman.
- Please bring plastic food containers with you, so you can take home everything that you have cooked.
- No chopping up or washing up will be done by you, as Dominique will be there to do this, thus allowing you, with Pat to get down to the all important cooking.
- A small but comprehensive SHOP will be available, for you to purchase any of Pat's cookery books, (don't forget to ask him to dedicate them to you), essential cooking implements, (we stock good quality woks in sizes 8", 10", 12", 14" and if you purchase one - Dominique can season it for you - just ask), and difficult to find ingredients.
- We accept CREDIT and DEBIT CARDS.
PRICES AND HOW TO BOOK YOUR COURSE
- £375.00 (two people). You may wish to bring a third person. Space is limited, however, a third person will be £75.00 extra.
- Call Pat Chapman on 01428 658327 to check date availability.
- To Pay by DEBIT or CREDIT CARD - please telephone us on 01428 658327
- To Pay by CHEQUE (payable to The Curry Club) - please post to THE CURRY CLUB, 50, WEST STREET, HASLEMERE, SURREY. GU27 2AP
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- LOCATION - The Curry Club, Haslemere, Surrey.
- PARKING - Free parking onsite.
- DAY - Any day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- DURATION - 3 hours. 10.00am to 1.00pm.
- DIET - Unsuitable for Shellfish and Nut Allergy sufferers. Shellfish and Nut-eating Vegetarian Option - THAI GREEN TOFU CURRY
Apologies, no reviews available.