Terms and Conditions
What Do I Need To Tell You When I First Contact You
The date, the place, the start time and an approximate idea of numbers. We do not need your exact choice of menu nor how many courses you want. The main thing is to put your date in our book. However the more you tell us the more we can tell you. With our system you can price the job yourself and for your piece of mind we will supply you with a quotation. We will reserve your date for 28 days from the date of our quotation, but will release it if we have not heard from you by day 28.
Do We Need A Meeting
It is advisable for us to view the party venue. If you have not yet booked us we make a nominal charge for this of £50 for a meeting within a 20 mile radius of Haslemere and an additional charge of 65p per mile above 40 miles. This amount is payable by credit or debit card in advance. If you book us, the £50 (but not any mileage costs) are deduced from your final bill.
When To Confirm
The earlier you confirm that you want to use us, the better. We do get busy at times, and we’d hate to let you down because we’re not available.
Terms of Business
- We always supply a written quotation, by e-mail if you have one or we will mail it by post if you prefer, and this states full details including our deposit and payment terms (as listed below).
- We require your order in writing, or e-mail please.
- We supply you with a confirmation detailing all we have agreed.
- If you require it, we will supply you with an invoice (after the event).
- We must be informed by you in writing, of any food allergies any of your guests suffer from.
What About VAT
We are VAT registered and our VAT registration number is 615 1940 56. VAT is zero-rated on cold food. Our experienced waiting staff are not VAT registered so we pay them all the money we quote for them. We do not withold a 'cut'. They are subject to availability but when present will make your event run smoothly.
This number must include yourself and your immediate family, and any 'extra' personnel' who will expect to be fed (eg musicians, DJ, entertainers, security staff, and waiters other than our personnel – our crew will not be eating your food). Diner numbers will change according to who finally says they are coming (see next para).
Can I Make Changes
We can accept changes to the menu up to 10 working days before your event. We can accept 'tweaking' of diner numbers until the evening 4 days prior to your event. We will only charge you for the number you advise us at that stage.
We must be informed by yourself if any of your diners suffer from allergy problems or food proscriptions. We cook all your food ourselves and we guarantee that it is free of preservatives, chemicals, msg, artificial colours and thickeners, etc. Cream and/or yoghurt features in some dishes but we can construct a menu to avoid dairy products. Except for a few specific dishes, our food is free of nuts, gluten, flour, wheat and shellfish. We will advise you which dishes contain such items.
We are happy to make vegetarian or vegan portions (at no extra cost) providing you state how many of which are required no later than 4 days prior to your event.
If we supply the food only delivery on party day will be at a time mutually chosen. We deliver all food cold for hygiene reasons, but since cold food is VAT zero-rated, it saves you 20.00% extra cost. We will provide instructions on how to reheat it. If we serve your food we undertake its safe reheating. For delivery charges, see payment terms below.
- Parking adjacent to venue before and throughout the engagement.
- Venue open with caretaker or party organiser present at our agreed arrival time.
All the food will be transfered on arrival by us into your containers/serving dishes. We will then depart.
If We Heat And Serve The Food We Require
- Access to a water supply to fill Chafing Dishes and rinse hired crockery etc.
- Two very sturdy 6’ x 2’6” tables with cloths for the main course plates and the fully laden Chafing Dishes, sauce bowls, etc. (there will be a lot of weight).
- Space for our personnel to serve from one side while the guests file past on the other side.
- If we are supplying a main course only we will undertake the safe reheating of the food without the need to use your cooking facilities. We will require between 11/2 to 2 hours to do this before you wish the main course served.
- You should ask the diners to come up to the buffet, table by table rather than a surge.
- Our waiters will serve, explain the buffet food, inviting all diners to return for seconds.
- Your food containers if there are leftovers and if you want us to save them for you.
- In certain circumstances we will need to use your oven to cook or reheat certain items. This will have been agreed at the quotation stage.
- The oven should be clean, with racks and in working order.
If you book our waiter service we will supply enough waiters to do your job efficiently. Their cost for up to 4 hours on site (defined above) plus a maximum of 30 minutes travelling is included in your price. It needs a minimum of two to service up to 40 guests efficiently including reheating / cooking / finishing off any appropriate items and loading the chafing dishes (which we supply in your price). Rule of thumb for buffet service is one additional waiter for every increase of 20 (or part thereof) guests. For example if you have 61 - 80 guests you need a total crew of four. 101 - 120 needs six and so on.
How Long Are Our Personel On Site
Normally from arrival to departure for service of a main course we are on site for around four hours. Arrival at least 30 minutes before your guests arrive. The food will be ready to serve c2 hours after our arrival and c45 minutes is ample time for all your diners to be served their fill. We need further c45 minutes to clean up, pack and depart, leaving you to enjoy the privacy of your party.
How Much Do You Pay Them
We make no secret of their rates. Each gets paid a basic £52 for the four hour session (or part thereof). If you require them to work beyond 4 hours, subject to their availability, their rates are £13 per hour (or part thereof) for up to 8 hours. Beyond 8 hours, or after 11pm - £16 per hour. After each 4 hours, a 30 minute break is a legal requirement and is chargeable at the above rates.
Travelling To and From Venue
- 30 minutes free then £5 per half hour (or part thereof) per person.
- We pay all the above rates to our crew without deductions.
Waiters and Waitresses - Their Duties
- Arrival at least 30 minutes before your guests arrive.
- The food will be ready to serve c2 hours after our arrival.
- Set up, load and fire up the chafing dishes.
- Serve the food to the guests explaining the dishes as required.
- Maintain hygiene and portion control.
- Serve main course until seconds or thirds(!) are are taken. There will be plenty of food.
- Clear the hired plates and cutlery from the diners’ tables.
- Stack the hired plates and cutlery in their crates.
- If there are any leftovers put it in your containers (bowls or saucepans) if you supply them, and it can be eaten later or frozen.
- Pack and load our equipment.
- Departure after service tables and surrounds are left clean and tidy.
- Please note their duties do not include washing up items other than our own nor serving drinks (see below).
Your dining tables should be fully laid up before we arrive. Most hosts quite enjoy doing this but if you can’t face it we may be able to do for you, providing that this service is booked in advance, that we do it c3 hours prior to guest arrival, that the venue is open/unlocked, and providing all items required on the tables are present in the room in crates or boxes etc. and subject to personnel availability. To set up and lay up 6 to 8 tables (of 10) we estimate 2 hours for 2 waiters = 4 hours at £13 per person hour = £52.
Even if you have a self-service bar, you need at least on person to run it. If you want drinks individually served to guests (at tables or standing) you will need at least 1 server per 30 guests. We can supply drinks waiters, subject to their availability, rates: £13 per hour for 8 hrs work. £16 per hour after 11pm.
Whatever you do, it is a good idea to place opened bottles of red wine and jugs of water (or bottled) on the tables before the guests arrive. All this saves time (and personnel) for those who are serving those items. Get white wine, beer and champers pre-chilled. A clean new dustbin filled with ice is fine.
Crockery, Cutlery and Linen
To serve the Main Course menu you will need a minimum of: tables and chairs; table cloth; water jugs; and per diner: main course dinner plates (10”); knife; fork; napkin – 1 per diner; water glass. Allow some spares. We will list your exact requirements in our confirmation of booking. We do not stock these items. If you need to hire in the following from a hire company, we recommend Fordham’s of Beacon Hill. They are efficient. We will roughly clean the crockery/cutlery items before restacking them and Fordhams are OK with this. Some companies charge you if you do not do a full wash-up of their items. If we are require to wash fully the hired crockery/cutlery items we will make the appropriate extra hourly crew charge and require appropriate washing/drying facilities.
CW Fordham, Beacon Hill, 1, Glen Road, Hindhead, Surrey. GU26 6QE t: 01428 771 711.
Our minimum food charge is £250.00. Please don't be put off if your requirement is for an immediate useage of less than £250.00. You can freeze many of the items. We accept payment by VISA or Mastercard Debit cards.
- Orders up to £399.00
- Delivered free of charge within 10 mile radius of our base
- Orders from £400.00 to £999.00
- Delivered free of charge up to 20 mile radius of our base
- Orders over £1000
- Delivered free of charge up to 30 mile radius of our base
- Charges Beyond Mileage Range
- 65p per mile per vehicle for the additional miles travelled
Deposits - Normally We Require
- 33% in advance, payable when you book our services and this guarantees the date for you
- 33% 28 days prior to your event.
- The balance will be charged on or after the day of your event.
- Any extras incurred will be agreed before they are charged.
- If the job is booked with short notice, we will require 100% payment in advance.
- 15 or More Days Prior to Event
- Full refund of anything you have paid will be refunded to your Credit/Debit card, minus £50 admin charge and site visit.
- 14 to 6 Days Prior to Event
- 50% of amount paid will be refunded to your Credit/Debit card.
- 5 to 3 Days Prior to Event
- 33% of amount paid will be refunded to your Credit/Debit card.
- 72 Hours or Less to Event
- No refund