Middle Eastern Cookery Course
For a 'Hands On' 5 Hour Experience
'LEARN MIDDLE EASTERN COOKING - PERSONAL TUITION FOR THE PASSIONATE COOK'
Your MIDDLE EASTERN 5 HOUR HANDS ON COOKERY COURSE will start at 10am. Welcome tea or coffee with chocolate biscuits. Pat Chapman will begin the course, talking about the Middle East and its varied cuisine.
Using your RECIPE SHEETS, Pat will show the essential fresh and dried herbs and spices, including chillies, needed to make your meal. Pat and Dominique will cook with you the following preparations and dishes. Your meal will serve at least 6 people.
TABOULEH (Lebanon) - Green leaf salad with Burghul (cracked wheat), fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon juice and Baharat.
HUMMOUS - CHICKPEA DIP (Lebanon) - chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, Tahine (sesame paste), salt and lemon juice.
FLAT BREAD - Dry fried wheat flat bread wrap.
FAISINJAN MORESH - CHICKEN AND POMEGRANATE (Persian) - chicken breast in a pomegranate (sour) and molasses (sweet) sauce, flavoured with cinnamon, almonds and pistachios.
MECHOUI KAFTA BIL KARAZ (Saudia Arabia) - Mini minced beef balls in a spicy tomato sauce with cherry tomatoes and red cherries (cherries subject to market availability).
BRAS YAHANI (Armenia) - Thinly sliced leeks sautéed in olive oil with garlic, spring onions and watercress.
MISHMISHEYE LA KAMA (Maghreb) - Oven-baked vegetables with ginger, allspice and halved apricots.
RIZ EL TAMMAR (Libya) - Basmati rice, fragranced with orange-blossom water, chopped fresh dates and pistachio nuts.
IRMIK HELVASI (Turkey) - Semolina is slowly fried with 'smen' clarified butter. Flavoured with cream, vanilla, palm sugar and pine nuts.
- A complete set of RECIPE SHEETS.
- Takeaway all dishes that you have cooked.
- An author-signed copy of QUICK AFTER WORK CURRIES by Pat Chapman.
- An editor-signed copy of the COBRA GOOD CURRY GUIDE edited by Pat Chapman.
- Please bring plastic food containers with you, so you can take home everything that you have cooked.
- No chopping up or washing up will be done by you, as Dominique will be there to do this, thus allowing you, with Pat to get down to the all important cooking.
- A small but comprehensive SHOP will be available, for you to purchase any of Pat's cookery books, (don't forget to ask him to dedicate them to you), essential cooking implements, (we stock good quality woks in sizes 8", 10", 12", 14" and if you purchase one - Dominique can season it for you - just ask), and difficult to find ingredients.
- We accept CREDIT and DEBIT CARDS.
PRICES AND HOW TO BOOK YOUR COURSE
- £600.00 (two people). You may wish to bring a third person. Space is limited, however, a third person will be £75.00 extra.
- Call Pat Chapman on 01428 658327 to check date availability.
- To Pay by DEBIT or CREDIT CARD - please telephone us on 01428 658327
- To Pay by CHEQUE (payable to The Curry Club) - please post to THE CURRY CLUB, 50, WEST STREET, HASLEMERE, SURREY. GU27 2AP
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- LOCATION - The Curry Club, Haslemere, Surrey.
- PARKING - Free parking onsite.
- DAY - Any day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- DURATION - 5 hours. 10.00am to 3.00pm.
- DIET - A vegetarian option for this course is available on application.
Reviews not available.