Malaysian and Indonesian Cookery Course
For a 'Hands On' 3 Hour Experience
'LEARN MALAYSIAN AND INDONESIAN COOKING - PERSONAL TUITION FOR THE PASSIONATE COOK'
Phuket 2010 - You will find this uber trendy bar at The Blue Elephant Restaurant, Phuket. The Thai food here is also delicious - probably the best Thai food in Phuket and all served in beautiful and sophisticated surroundings.
Your MALAYSIAN AND INDONESIAN 3 HOUR HANDS ON COOKERY COURSE will start at 10am. Welcome tea or coffee with chocolate biscuits. Pat Chapman will begin the course, talking about Malaysia and Indonesia and its varied cuisine.
Using your RECIPE SHEETS, Pat will show the essential fresh and dried herbs and spices, including chillies, needed to make your meal. Pat and Dominique will cook with you the following preparations and dishes. Your meal will serve at least 6 people.
CHINESE FIVE SPICE POWDER - mix and roast spices.
GARAM MASALA - mix, roast and grind spices to make garam masala paste.
SATAY SAUCE - PEANUT SAUCE - flavoured with lemongrass and palm sugar.
INCHE KABIN - MALAYSIAN CRISPY CHICKEN - marinated chicken drumsticks in coconut milk, red chilli, fish sauce and lemongrass.
MALACCA IKAN MANIS - INDONESIAN SWEET AND SOUR FISH - a aromatic white fish dish using clove, mace and nutmeg.
SAJUR TCHAMPUR - INDONESIAN VEGETABLE CURRY - leafy green vegetable and mange tout side dish, flavoured with galangale, lemongrass, basil leaves and Sichuan peppercorns.
NASI GORENG - MALAYSIAN FRIED RICE - stir-fried Basmati rice, combined with galingale, lemongrass, tamarind, blachan (shrimp paste), shredded carrot, beansprouts and minced pork. Pat will explain the different types of rice available.
Phuket, Thailand 2012. Nasi Goreng.
- A complete set of RECIPE SHEETS.
- Takeaway all dishes that you have cooked.
- An author-signed copy of QUICK AFTER WORK CURRIES by Pat Chapman.
- An editor-signed copy of the COBRA GOOD CURRY GUIDE edited by Pat Chapman.
- Please bring plastic food containers with you, so you can take home everything that you have cooked.
- No chopping up or washing up will be done by you, as Dominique will be there to do this, thus allowing you, with Pat to get down to the all important cooking.
- A small but comprehensive SHOP will be available, for you to purchase any of Pat's cookery books, (don't forget to ask him to dedicate them to you), essential cooking implements, (we stock good quality woks in sizes 8", 10", 12", 14" and if you purchase one - Dominique can season it for you - just ask), and difficult to find ingredients.
- We accept CREDIT and DEBIT CARDS.
PRICES AND HOW TO BOOK YOUR COURSE
- £375.00 (two people). You may wish to bring a third person. Space is limited, however, a third person will be £75.00 extra.
- Call Pat Chapman on 01428 658327 to check date availability.
- To Pay by DEBIT or CREDIT CARD - please telephone us on 01428 658327
- To Pay by CHEQUE (payable to The Curry Club) - please post to THE CURRY CLUB, 50, WEST STREET, HASLEMERE, SURREY. GU27 2AP
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- LOCATION - The Curry Club, Haslemere, Surrey.
- PARKING - Free parking onsite.
- DAY - Any day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- DURATION - 3 hours. 10.00am to 1.00pm.
- DIET - Pescatarians welcome. Unsuitable for nut and seafood allergy sufferers.
Apologies - no reviews available.