Latin American Cookery Course
For a 'Hands On' 5 Hour Experience
'LEARN LATIN AMERICAN COOKING - PERSONAL TUITION FOR THE PASSIONATE COOK'
Your LATIN AMERICAN 5 HOUR HANDS ON COOKERY COURSE will start at 10am. Welcome tea or coffee with chocolate biscuits. Pat Chapman will begin the course, talking about Latin America and its varied cuisine.
Using your RECIPE SHEETS, Pat will show the essential fresh and dried herbs and spices, including chillies, needed to make your meal. Pat and Dominique will cook the following preparations and dishes with you. Your meal will serve at least 6 people.
HUEVOS RANCHEROS (Mexico) - literally meaning 'the cowboys egg.' Fried eggs in a sauce of chopped tomatoes, chillies, jalapeno chillies, and oregano.
GUACAMOLE (Mexico) - avocado dip. A creamy, green purée, combined with garlic, jalapeno chilli, onion, coriander leaves and tomatoes.
SALSA ROJO (Mexico) - red hot chutney. Scotch Bonnet or Habanero chilli with tomatoes, onion, capsicum pepper, garlic in a dressing of olive oil and tequila.
PATATA DULCE RELLENOS CON GAMBOS Y CANGREJO (Peru) - a spicy mash of lima beans, sweetcorn, shrimp and crab, stuffed into a sweet potato, topped with grated cheese. Oven baked.
GUJOLOTE CON MOLE POBLANO (Mexico) - turkey chunks smoothered in a spicy bitter chocolate and chilli sauce.
CHILE EN NOGADA (Mexico) - a large, sweet red chilli (Romiro), stuffed with spicy re-fried beans and crushed walnuts, drizzled with sour cream and pomegranate seeds. Oven baked.
COLOR LOS VEGOS (Chile) - red and yellow coloured, seasonal vegetables (carrot, sweet potato, parsnip, red and yellow capsicum, squash) in a sweet chilli sauce.
MOROS Y CRISTIANOS (Cuba) - Moors and Christians or Beans and Rice. A contrast of black and white, Spanish round-grained rice with black beans and fried bacon.
- A complete set of RECIPE SHEETS.
- Takeaway all dishes that you have cooked.
- An author-signed copy of QUICK AFTER WORK CURRIES by Pat Chapman.
- An editor-signed copy of the COBRA GOOD CURRY GUIDE edited by Pat Chapman.
- Please bring plastic food containers with you, so you can take home everything that you have cooked.
- No chopping up or washing up will be done by you, as Dominique will be there to do this, thus allowing you, with Pat to get down to the all important cooking.
- A small but comprehensive SHOP will be available, for you to purchase any of Pat's cookery books, (don't forget to ask him to dedicate them to you), essential cooking implements, (we stock good quality woks in sizes 8", 10", 12", 14" and if you purchase one - Dominique can season it for you - just ask), and difficult to find ingredients.
- We accept CREDIT and DEBIT CARDS.
PRICES AND HOW TO BOOK YOUR COURSE
- £375.00 (two people). You may wish to bring a third person. Space is limited, however, a third person will be £75.00 extra.
- Call Pat Chapman on 01428 658327 to check date availability.
- To Pay by DEBIT or CREDIT CARD - please telephone us on 01428 658327
- To Pay by CHEQUE (payable to The Curry Club) - please post to THE CURRY CLUB, 50, WEST STREET, HASLEMERE, SURREY. GU27 2AP
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- LOCATION - The Curry Club, Haslemere, Surrey.
- PARKING - Free parking onsite.
- DAY - Any day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- DURATION - 5 hours. 10.00am to 3.00pm.
- DIET - A vegetarian option for this course is available on application.
Serena Roberts wrote: 'Choci and Chilli YES please!!!'