Indian Starters Course
For a 'Hands On' 3 Hour Experience
Personal tuition and learn Indian Starter cooking
Photo: awaiting image
Your Indian Starters 3 Hour Hands On Cookery Course will start at 10am. Welcome tea or coffee with biscuits. Pat will begin the course, talking about the Indian sub-continent and its varied cuisine.
Using your Recipe Sheets, Pat will show the essential fresh and dried herbs and spices, including chillies, needed to make your meal. Pat and Dominique will cook with you the following preparations and dishes. Your meal will serve at least 6 people. Your meal will serve at least 6 people.
- Popadums - deep-fried plain and spicy popadums, served flat or folded.
- Vegetable Samosas - wheat pastry case, filled with spicy potato and pea filling, oven baked.
- Onion Bhajis (Pakoras) - sliced onion, dipped in spicy batter and deep-fried.
- Sheek or Shami Kebabs - minced chicken, spiced and moulded into patties, oven baked.
- Chicken Tikka - chunks of chicken breast, marinated in spicy yoghurt sauce and cooked in the oven.
- Chilli King Prawn -
- Aloo Archar (Pickled Potato) - baby potatoes, smoothered in a garlic flavoured sauce, served cold.
- Sweet Chestnut - shelled chestnuts, enrobed in a sweet and spicy pickled sauce, served cold
- Goan Crab - lightly spiced white and brown crab meat, served cold.
Please bring plastic food containers with you, so you can take home everything that you have cooked. However, if you do not have any, not to worry, we sell good quality plastic 1.6 litre containers, at £2.75 each. No chopping up or washing up will be done by you, as Dominique will be there to do this, thus allowing you, with Pat to get down to the all important cooking.
A small but comprehensive shop will be available, for you to purchase any of Pat's cookery books (don't forget to ask him to dedicate them to you), essential cooking implements (we stock good quality woks in sizes 8", 10", 12", 14" and if you purchase one - Dominique will season it with you) and difficult to find ingredients. We accept Credit and Debit Cards.
PRICES AND HOW TO BOOK YOUR COURSE
- £375.00 (two people). You may wish to bring a third person. Space is limited, however, a third person will be £75.00 extra.
- Call Pat Chapman on 01428 658327 to check date availability.
- To Pay by Debit or Credit Card - please telephone us on 01428 658327
- To Pay by Cheque (payable to The Curry Club) - send to The Curry Club, 50, West Street, Haslemere, Surrey. GU27 2AP
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Location - The Curry Club, Haslemere, Surrey.
- Parking - Free.
- Day - Monday to Sunday, throughout the year, subject to availability.
- Duration - 3 hours. 10.00am to 1.00pm.
- Diet - Vegetarians welcome.
Apologies - no reviews available.