- Indian Starters -
Select your 'Indian Starters' - £6.00 per portion.
Some of our Indian starters may require cooking on site, on your facilities, but can be served ready cooked and cold.
Protein Starters - select two from the list below:
- Goan Crab - white and brown crab meat, lightly curried with spices and cream.
- Jeera Chicken - chicken cubes, stir-fried in salted butter with roasted ground and whole jeera (cumin).
- Keema Curry Puff - medium spiced minced beef, wrapped in wheat puff pastry, egg wash glazed and oven baked.
- Murgh Katori Kebab - minced chicken breast, finely ground with garlic, ginger, spices, fresh green chill, coriander leaf and spices, oven baked.
- Beef Shish Kebab - minced beef, finely ground with garlic, ginger, spices, fresh green chilli, coriander leaf and spices, oven baked.
- Hariyala Murgh Tikka - chicken breast cubes, marinated in a purée of thick yoghurt, coriander leaf, mint leaf, green chilli and minced garlic, oven baked.
- Tandoori Murgh Tikka - chicken breast cubes, marinated in a purée of thick yoghurt, garlic and red tandoori spices, oven baked.
- Malai Murgh Tikka - chicken breast cubes, marinated in single cream, thick yoghurt, red chilli and minced garlic, oven baked.
- Lamb Samosa - spiced minced lamb, in a triangular wheat pastry case, deep-fried.
Photo: 'Murgh Katori Kebab,' served with 'Cachumber Salad,'
and, 'Hot and Sweet Tomato Chutney.'
Photo: 'Mini Curry Puffs,' hot - straight from the oven!
Vegetable Starters - select two from the list below:
- Paneer Sag Samosa - spiced cheese and spinach, in a triangular wheat pastry case, deep-fried.
- Vegetable Samosa - spiced potato and peas, in a triangular wheat pastry case, deep-fried.
- Aloo Achar - cubes of cooked potato, smoothered in garlic pickle, served cold.
- Chana Chaat Salat - curried chickpea salad, with onion, capsicum and tomato, served cold.
- Oonbariou - a quartet of lightly spiced roast vegetables (potato, sweet potato, butternut squash and carrot), served cold.
- Pickled Chestnuts - whole chestnuts smoothered in sweet but spicy sauce of pickled garlic and ginger, served cold.
- Bhel Puri - a mix of cripsy sev, potato, chickpea, coriander, chutneys and yoghurt, served cold.
- Moong Chana Salat - freshly sprouted lentils, tomato, lettuce, onion, melon, 'Toddy' dressing, served cold.
- Mixed Salad Cachumber - fresh green leaf salad with home-made white wine vinegar and fennel dressing, served cold.
Chutney Accompaniments - select one from the list below:
- Coconut Chutney - desiccated coconut, fried with curry leaves, mustard seed and chilli.
- Mint Raitha - home made, natural yoghurt with sweet spices including mint and mango.
- Jeera Raitha - home made, natural yoghurt with savoury spices.
- Sweet Mango Chutney - everyones favourite fruit chutney.
- Hot and Sweet Tomato Chutney - red tomatoes spiced with garlic, nigella, bay and chilli.
- Podina - mint and coriander leaves ground with coconut, spiced with green chilli.
- Mixed Pickle - spicy marinated, lime, green mango, aubergine and carrot.
Order Notes - things you need to know.
- No minimum order, if ordered with mains.
- If waiter service ordered - starters will be served plated to seated diners or on stainless steel platters to standing diners.
- If no waiter service ordered - starters will be delivered in tuppaware.
- If you do not see your favourite starter, please telephone Pat Chapman on 01428 658327.
Find these and other delicious recipes in Pat Chapman's Indian Restaurant Cookbook