Indian Accompaniments Course
For a 'Hands On' 3 Hour Experience
Personal tuition and learn those indispensible accompaniments to an Indian meal
Goa, India 2010 - The Sun and Sands Restaurant and Bar - A lovely basket of delicious Garlic Studded Naan Bread!
Your Indian Sides 3 Hour Hands On Cookery Course will start at 10am. Welcome tea or coffee with biscuits. Pat will begin the course, talking about the Indian sub-continent and its varied cuisine.
Using your Recipe Sheets, Pat will show the essential fresh and dried herbs and spices, including chillies, and the different flours needed.
- Chappati - classic unleavened bread.
- Paratha - unleavened bread.
- Plain Naan - the ubiquitous leavened bread, brushed with buter ghee.
- Peshawari Naan - stuffed with crushed nuts and dried fruit
- Garlic and Chilli Naan - one of Pat's favourites!
- Dominique's Hot and Sweet Tomato Chutney - use up all those left over squashy tomatoes from the greenhouse! This chutney is also delicious with cheese and crackers!
- Tandoori Mint Raitha with Cucumber - thick Greek yoghurt flavoured with mint and slices of cucumber.
- Podina - a purée of fresh coriander leaves, fresh mint leaves and grated coconut.
- Coconut Sambol - grated and toasted coconut fried with curry leaves and mustard seed.
- Imli and Carrot - a spicy sour date chutney with shredded carrot.
- Fresh Green Chilli Chutney - for those who like it hot!
After making all the accompaniments, Pat will assist you in making a Channa Chat Salat (chickpea and salad curry), so you try out all your preparations. Your meal will serve at least 6 people.
Please bring plastic food containers with you, so you can take home everything that you have cooked. However, if you do not have any, not to worry, we sell good quality plastic 1.6 litre containers, at £2.75 each. No chopping up or washing up will be done by you, as Dominique will be there to do this, thus allowing you, with Pat to get down to the all important cooking.
A small but comprehensive shop will be available, for you to purchase any of Pat's cookery books (don't forget to ask him to dedicate them to you), essential cooking implements (we stock good quality woks in sizes 8", 10", 12", 14" and if you purchase one - Dominique will season it with you) and difficult to find ingredients. We accept Credit and Debit Cards.
PRICES AND HOW TO BOOK YOUR COURSE
- £375.00 (two people). You may wish to bring a third person. Space is limited, however, a third person will be £75.00 extra.
- Call Pat Chapman on 01428 658327 to check date availability.
- To Pay by Debit or Credit Card - please telephone us on 01428 658327
- To Pay by Cheque (payable to The Curry Club) - send to The Curry Club, 50, West Street, Haslemere, Surrey. GU27 2AP
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Location - The Curry Club, Haslemere, Surrey.
- Parking - Free.
- Day - Monday to Sunday.
- Duration - 3 hours. 10.00am to 1.00pm.
- Diet - Unsuitable for a Wheat-free Diet.
Apologies - No reviews available.