Indian Curry Cookery Course
For a 'Hands On' 5 Hour Experience
'LEARN INDIAN CURRY COOKING - PERSONAL TUITION FOR THE PASSIONATE COOK'
Phuket, Thailand 2010. We found a lovely Indian restaurant in the south of the island, called, strangley enough, 'Indian Restaurant.' This is their chutney tray - Chilli and Podina, Imli, Pickled Garlic - delicious with crispy Popadoms!
Your INDIAN CURRIES 5 HOUR HANDS ON COOKERY COURSE will start at 10am. Welcome tea or coffee with chocolate biscuits. Pat Chapman will begin the course, talking about the Indian sub-continent and its varied cuisine.
Using your RECIPE SHEETS, Pat will show the essential fresh and dried herbs and spices, including chillies, needed to make your meal. Pat and Dominique will cook with you the following preparations and dishes. Your meal will serve at least 6 people.
- GARAM MASALA - roast and grind the whole spices needed to make this mix.
- TANDOORI CURRY PASTE - mix and fry ground spices to make the paste needed to marinade the chicken tikka.
- VEGETABLE SAMOSAS - traditionally spiced potato and pea stuffed pastry parcels. Oven baked for goodness.
- CHANNA CHAT SALAT - CHICKPEA CURRY SALAD - made in under five minutes, proving that Indian food doesn't have to be time consuming. A perfect brunch!
- CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - MURGH MAKHANI - BUTTER CHICKEN - cooked chicken tikka smoothered in a spicy red, tomato, onion, garlic, yoghurt, cream and butter sauce.
- CHICKEN JALFREZI - CHICKEN DRY-FRY - chicken stir-fried with panch phoran (Indian five spice), onion, garlic, ginger, peppers, homemade garam masala and coriander leaf.
- TARKA DAL - simmered red massor lentils flavoured with onion, garlic, ground turmeric, dried fenugreek leaves, home-made garam masala and butter ghee.
- OONBARIO - lightly spiced, root vegetables (potato, parnsip, carrot, swede, beetroot and sweet potato), lightly spiced with curry leaves, asafoetida, ground turmeric and seeds. Then oven baked until crisp.
- SAFFRON PULLAO RICE - basmati rice, cooked by the absorption method with aromatic spices, (brown cardamoms, cassia bark, bay leaves, cloves and mace), Iranian saffron and home-made butter ghee.
- SOUTH INDIAN LEMON RICE - basmati rice, cooked using the boiling method, flavoured with fresh curry leaves, mustard seed and ground turmeric.
- KESARI SHRIKAND - SAFFRON YOGHURT - a light and refreshing yoghurt pudding with almonds, Iranian saffron and green cardamom.
- A complete set of RECIPE SHEETS.
- Takeaway all dishes that you have cooked.
- An author-signed copy of QUICK AFTER WORK CURRIES by Pat Chapman.
- An editor-signed copy of the COBRA GOOD CURRY GUIDE edited by Pat Chapman.
- Please bring plastic food containers with you, so you can take home everything that you have cooked.
- No chopping up or washing up will be done by you, as Dominique will be there to do this, thus allowing you, with Pat to get down to the all important cooking.
- A small but comprehensive SHOP will be available, for you to purchase any of Pat's cookery books, (don't forget to ask him to dedicate them to you), essential cooking implements, (we stock good quality woks in sizes 8", 10", 12", 14" and if you purchase one - Dominique can season it for you - just ask), and difficult to find ingredients.
- We accept CREDIT and DEBIT CARDS.
PRICES AND HOW TO BOOK YOUR COURSE
- £600.00 (two people). You may wish to bring a third person. Space is limited, however, a third person will be £75.00 extra.
- Call Pat Chapman on 01428 658327 to check date availability.
- To Pay by DEBIT or CREDIT CARD - please telephone us on 01428 658327
- To Pay by CHEQUE (payable to The Curry Club) - please post to THE CURRY CLUB, 50, WEST STREET, HASLEMERE, SURREY. GU27 2AP
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- LOCATION - The Curry Club, Haslemere, Surrey.
- PARKING - Free parking onsite.
- DAY - Any day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- DURATION - 5 hours. 10.00am to 3.00pm.
- DIET - A vegetarian option for this course is available on application.
On 3rd June, 2011 - Christ Steel, London emailed:
'...A belated than you for our cookery course. I thought I would let you know that Billy and I had a solo run on Sunday, making the Chicken Tikka Masala, Tarka Dal and Pullao Rice. We used our new wok's after careful cleaning and blasting with heat as instructed. We could not get a couple of the spices but it all tasted very good...'
On 15th April, 2011 - Eugene R Scheiman and Pam Armstrong, Broadway, New York emailed:
'...As you know Pam and I travelled over 3000 miles to take your full day curry course. Every mile was worth it. The information and skill you shared with us was fascinating and will be very useful in the next Indian food meal we serve to our friends. The friendly and enthusiastic nature in which you both approached sharing your skills made the course even better. I am thinking of pushing you to create full-day course Day 2, for our next trip...'
Pat and Dominique say: Still can't believe that you travelled so far! We too had a great day in your company.
On 28th March, 2011 - Julie Healey emailed:
'...We just wanted to say once again thank you both very much for the most enjoyable curry cooking experience last week. We shared our meal with friends yesterday and all had a great time. We would have no hesitation in recommending you to anyone who would like to learn how to cook authentic curry...'
On 28th March, 2011 - Jules wrote: FROM - BUY A GIFT - WEBSITE
'...I treated my husband (a retired restaurateur with classical French and Swiss training) to this experience for his 65th birthday - we had visited India many times and always wanted to have insight into how the food is made. We had a really good time - Pat and Dominique were so interesting and we made so much food that we had to have a curry party when we got home! We cannot recommend them to highly...'
Pat and Dominique say: We are so glad that you had a good time with us. We too enjoyed your company and your (Paul), interesting stories of running your own restaurant.