Indian BBQ Cookery Class
Saturday Morning Indian BBQ Cookery Group Demonstration Class
'LEARN TO COOK BETTER THAN YOUR LOCAL CURRY HOUSE - FOR THE PRICE OF A FRIDAY NIGHT TAKEAWAY'
Goa, India 2010 - The Marquis Hotel. Just a stone's throw from the gated Kingfisher Villa! My starter - Chicken Kebabs, with salad and Podina (coriander and mint) Chutney - delicious. If only we were there now.....
Your SATURDAY MORNING INDIAN BBQ COOKERY GROUP DEMONSTRATION CLASS will start at 10am. Welcome tea or coffee with chocolate biscuits. Pat will begin the course, talking about the Indian sub-continent and its varied cuisine.
Using your RECIPE SHEETS, Pat will show the essential fresh and dried herbs and spices, including chillies, needed to make your meal. Pat and Dominique will demonstrate the following preparations and dishes:
- MOONG CHANA SALAT - BEAN SALAD - combine your own sprouted lentils with cherry tomatoes, onion, lettuce, cucumber, green pepper, melon and an Indian black pepper vinaigrette.
- LALA MURGH TIKKA - RED CHICKEN TIKKA - chunks of chicken marinated in a yoghurt sauce, flavoured with red tandoori spices, then oven baked. No artificial food colouring.
- MALAI MURGH TIKKA - WHITE CHICKEN TIKKA - chunks of chicken marinated in a yoghurt sauce, flavoured with cream, garlic and chilli, then oven baked. No artifical food colouring.
- HERBAL MURGH TIKKA - GREEN CHICKEN TIKKA - chunks of chicken marinated in a herby sauce of pureed coriander, mint and coconut. then oven baked. No, artificial food colouring.
- MURGH KATORI KEBABS - minced chicken, flavoured with garlic, ginger, coriander, homemade curry powder and garam masala, moulded into patties and oven baked.
- GOSHT SHEEK KEBABS - spiced, minced beef gives a chewier and firmer texture. Pan-fried.
- HOT AND SWEET TOMATO CHUTNEY - a fabulous way to use up all those squashy, over ripe tomatoes that you have left over from the greenhouse. Flavoured with nigella seed and bay leaf.
- JEERA RAITHA - savoury flavoured yoghurt dip. Ideal for drizzling over Pat's delicious tikkas and kebabs.
- ROTI - Maida Chappati - a classic Indian, unleavened flat bread wrap, made light and fluffy from white flour.
- A complete set of RECIPE SHEETS.
- A TASTING PLATE of all dishes demonstrated.
- A glass of wine.
- An author-signed copy of QUICK AFTER WORK CURRIES by Pat Chapman.
- A small but comprehensive SHOP will be available, for you to purchase any of Pat's cookery books, (don't forget to ask him to dedicate them to you), essential cooking implements, (we stock good quality woks in sizes 8", 10", 12" and 14"), and difficult to find ingredients.
- We take CREDIT and DEBIT CARDS.
PRICES AND HOW TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
- £75.00 (one person).
- Call Pat Chapman on 01428 658327 to check date availability.
- To Pay by DEBIT or CREDIT CARD - please telephone us on 01428 658327
- To Pay by CHEQUE (payable to The Curry Club) - please post to THE CURRY CLUB, 50, WEST STREET, HASLEMERE, SURREY. GU27 2AP
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- LOCATION - Grayshott, nr Hindhead, Surrey.
- PARKING - Free.
- DAY - Selected Saturdays only. Please telephone Pat Chapman on 01428 658327 for availability.
- FREQUENCY - Quarterly.
- DURATION - 3 hours. 10.00am to 1.00pm.
- DIET - Unsuitable for a Vegetarian Diet and Dairy-Intolerant Diet.
Apologies. No reviews available.