Indian BBQ Cookery Course
For a 'Hands On' 5 Hour Experience
'LEARN INDIAN BBQ COOKING - PERSONAL TUITION FOR THE PASSIONATE COOK'
Bombay, India 2010. Is there no escape from this fast food chain? Apparently not! McDonalds are popping up in every major city in India, with chicken burgers being very popular.
Your INDIAN BBQ 3 HOUR HANDS ON COOKERY COURSE will start at 10am. Welcome tea or coffee with chocolate biscuits. Pat Chapman will begin the course, talking about the Indian sub-continent and its varied cuisine.
Using your RECIPE SHEETS, Pat will show the essential fresh and dried herbs and spices, including chillies, needed to make your meal. Pat and Dominique will cook with you the following preparations and dishes. Your meal will serve at least 6 people.
- MOONG CHANA SALAT - BEAN SALAD - combine your own sprouted lentils with cherry tomatoes, onion, lettuce, cucumber, green pepper, melon and an Indian black pepper vinaigrette.
- LAMB CHAAMP - LAMB CHOPS - marinated in a yoghurt sauce, flavoured with garam masala, ginger and garlic, then oven baked.
- TANDOORI CHICKEN - skinless chicken legs, marinated in a yoghurt sauce, flavoured with red tandoori spices, then oven baked.
- LAL MURGH TIKKA - RED CHICKEN TIKKA - chunks of chicken marinated in a yoghurt sauce, flavoured with red tandoori spices, then oven baked. No artificial food colouring.
- MALAI MURGH TIKKA - WHITE CHICKEN TIKKA - chunks of chicken marinated in a yoghurt sauce, flavoured with cream, garlic and chilli, then oven baked. No artifical food colouring.
- HERBAL MURGH TIKKA - GREEN CHICKEN TIKKA - chunks of chicken marinated in a herby sauce of pureed coriander, mint and coconut. then oven baked. No, artificial food colouring.
- MURGH KATORI KEBABS - minced chicken, flavoured with garlic, ginger, coriander, homemade curry powder and garam masala, moulded into patties and oven baked.
- GOSHT SHEEK KEBABS - spiced, minced beef gives a chewier and firmer texture. Pan-fried.
- CACHUMBER SALAD - the must-have onion, tomato, cucumber and coriander leaf side salad.
- HOT AND SWEET TOMATO CHUTNEY - a fabulous way to use up all those squashy, over ripe tomatoes that you have left over from the greenhouse. Flavoured with Nigella seed and bay leaf.
- JEERA RAITHA - savoury flavoured yoghurt dip. Ideal for drizzling over Pat's delicious tikkas and kebabs.
- ROTI - Maida Chappati - a classic Indian, unleavened flat bread wrap, made light and fluffy from white flour.
- MANGO SMOOTHIE - a light and refreshing sweet yoghurt flavoured with puréed mango.
- A complete set of RECIPE SHEETS.
- Takeaway all dishes that you have cooked.
- An author-signed copy of QUICK AFTER WORK CURRIES by Pat Chapman.
- An editor-signed copy of the COBRA GOOD CURRY GUIDE edited by Pat Chapman.
- Please bring plastic food containers with you, so you can take home everything that you have cooked.
- No chopping up or washing up will be done by you, as Dominique will be there to do this, thus allowing you, with Pat to get down to the all important cooking.
- A small but comprehensive SHOP will be available, for you to purchase any of Pat's cookery books, (don't forget to ask him to dedicate them to you), essential cooking implements, (we stock good quality woks in sizes 8", 10", 12", 14" and if you purchase one - Dominique can season it for you - just ask), and difficult to find ingredients.
- We accept CREDIT and DEBIT CARDS.
PRICES AND HOW TO BOOK YOUR COURSE
- £600.00 (two people). You may wish to bring a third person. Space is limited, however, a third person will be £75.00 extra.
- Call Pat Chapman on 01428 658327 to check date availability.
- To Pay by DEBIT or CREDIT CARD - please telephone us on 01428 658327
- To Pay by CHEQUE (payable to The Curry Club) - please post to THE CURRY CLUB, 50, WEST STREET, HASLEMERE, SURREY. GU27 2AP
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- LOCATION - The Curry Club, Haslemere, Surrey.
- PARKING - Free parking onsite.
- DAY - Andy day including Saturday and Sunday.
- DURATION - 5 hours - 10.00am to 3.00pm.
- DIET - Unsuitable for a Vegetarian Diet and Dairy-Intolerant Diet.
Apologies, no reviews available.