March comes like a lion they say and what better way to greet the month with a tandoori salmon with a twist. This dish has added horseradish for the marinade. Quite fitting for a British dish as well.
- Prepare 4 fillets of salmon that are each about 150g
- Cut them into chunks, around 75 g each
- Make sure to wash the fillets and let them dry
- tsp salt
- juice from ½ a lemon
- tbsp ginger and garlic paste.
Mix everything in and have them rubbed all over the fillets. Leave the salmon to marinate for fifteen minutes.
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsps grated horseradish
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger that is peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh coriander leaves and stalks
- 1 tsp finely ground white pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- 50g of Greek yoghurt
Mix everything and rub them on the salmon again. Skewer the chunks of salmon and put them on a baking tray. Once set, roast the salmon in a preheated oven 200C/Gas Mark for around 6 to 7 minutes. Put them on a hot and sizzling grill for 2 minutes until the skins become crispy and look good. They can be served with chutneys or lemon wedges if that is your choice.